Speak Out on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day
This Monday, July 31, we recognize Black Women’s Equal Pay Day, the day when Black women’s earnings finally catch up to what white men made last year. And while we’re fighting the many barriers to equal pay each day – job segregation, lack of paid family leave, pay discrimination – we’re asking you to join us on July 31 to amplify our voices.
Get involved on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day:
- Shout what equality at work means to you on twitter – join us for a twitter storm at 11:00am PT / 2:00pm ET and use #BlackWomensEqualPay.
- Learn more about the contributors to Black women’s wage gap – attend a webinar featuring ERA fellow Andrea Obando at 12:00pm PT.
- Ask your equal pay questions – participate in a Facebook live event hosted by the Center for American Progress at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET here.
Support policy reforms advancing equal pay:
- Stop federal attacks on pay transparency – demand the federal Office of Management and Budget continue to collect company pay data by gender and race.
- Support pay transparency in California – ask your state senator to vote “yes” on AB 1209.
- Demand equal pay protections for women nationwide – show your support for the Pay Equity for All and Paycheck Fairness Acts.
For more resources, visit Equal Pay Today’s website.
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more
- “Naw” to Kavanaugh: Take action to oppose the SCOTUS pick... read more
- How Devos’s Title IX Harms Trans & GNC Students... read more
- On the Supreme Court’s Decision in Janus v. AFSCME... read more
- Legal and Advocacy Groups Demand DeVos Withdraw False Claims About Sexual Assault Cases... read more
- Joy Kruse Gender Justice Memorial Fund... read more
- Remembering and Honoring Madeline Mixer... read more
- Trump Administration Tries to Dismiss Challenge To DeVos’ Rollback of Protections for Survivors of Sexual Violence. ERA Presses Ahead With Case.... read more
- Don’t Miss Our Gala Luncheon with Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera... read more
- SCOTUS Blow to Workers’ Rights Demands Legislative Fix... read more