Speak Out on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day
This Monday, July 31, we recognize Black Women’s Equal Pay Day, the day when Black women’s earnings finally catch up to what white men made last year. And while we’re fighting the many barriers to equal pay each day – job segregation, lack of paid family leave, pay discrimination – we’re asking you to join us on July 31 to amplify our voices.
Get involved on Black Women’s Equal Pay Day:
- Shout what equality at work means to you on twitter – join us for a twitter storm at 11:00am PT / 2:00pm ET and use #BlackWomensEqualPay.
- Learn more about the contributors to Black women’s wage gap – attend a webinar featuring ERA fellow Andrea Obando at 12:00pm PT.
- Ask your equal pay questions – participate in a Facebook live event hosted by the Center for American Progress at 8:00am PT / 11:00am ET here.
Support policy reforms advancing equal pay:
- Stop federal attacks on pay transparency – demand the federal Office of Management and Budget continue to collect company pay data by gender and race.
- Support pay transparency in California – ask your state senator to vote “yes” on AB 1209.
- Demand equal pay protections for women nationwide – show your support for the Pay Equity for All and Paycheck Fairness Acts.
For more resources, visit Equal Pay Today’s website.
- 10 Black Women Making History... read more
- Why I demand Congressional action for DREAMers... read more
- Equal Rights Advocates Sues Betsy DeVos and the Department of Education: Campus Sexual Misconduct and Violence is Gender Discrimination... read more
- Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!... read more
- We’ve Said #MeToo – Now We’re Pushing Legislation... read more
- Maria’s Workplace is #OursToo: Stopping the Epidemic of Sexual Violence Against Female Janitors... read more
- Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On... read more
- This is not the year to stop marching... read more
- Taking the Fight for Equal Pay to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals... read more
- Action Alert: Say NO to Disastrous GOP Tax Bill... read more