Stronger CA Advocates celebrate 2018 legislative champions
On Tuesday, January 8, we joined California legislators, staffers, and advocates in Sacramento for an annual Stronger California Advocates Network Policy Convening and Reception. Together, we celebrated past legislative victories for women and families across the state, and looked forward to the victories to come.
The event boasted an impressive lineup of speakers from the Women’s Caucus, including Senator Connie Leyva, Assemblymember Monique Limón, Senator Holly Mitchell, Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson, Assemblymember Lorena Gonzalez, and Assemblymember Eloise Reyes. In addition to hearing the inspiring words of these legislative champions, we also heard Equal Rights Advocates Executive Director Noreen Farrell, and actress and activist Rosanna Arquette, who spoke powerfully about the critical importance of passing bold legislation to combat sexual harassment.
The Stronger California Advocates Network Policy Convening had great turnout and provided a space for advocates from across the state to discuss emerging policy priorities and bills with legislators and staffers.
A driving force behind legislation to secure economic security for California women and families, the Stronger California Advocates Network is a collaboration of more than 40 organizations and advocacy coalitions from across the state, who work in partnership with the Legislative Women’s Caucus to pass groundbreaking laws.
The Stronger California Advocates Network’s legislative agenda is comprised of four pillars that are foundational to achieving economic security for California’s women and families. These pillars include:
- Ensuring Fair Pay, Job Opportunities & Workplace Justice
- Expanding Access to Affordable, Quality Early Childhood Care & Education
- Supporting Family Friendly Workplaces
- Building Economic Security by Addressing Poverty
We look forward to sharing the new bills on our Stronger California 2019 Agenda with you as they are introduced. As 2019 begins, we will continue to fight for bold laws that will allow California to #TakeTheLead and encourage the rest of the country to do the same.
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace