Stronger California Day of Action: Women’s Equality Day
In celebration of Women’s Equality Day, the Stronger California Advocates Network (chaired by ERA) gathered at the state capitol on August 23 to call on legislators and Governor Brown to support legislation critical to women’s economic security.
At a press conference, the California Domestic Workers Coalition, the Work & Family Coalition, California Employment Lawyers Association, AAUW California, and other members of the Stronger California Advocates Network proudly held the “woman card” in support of Stronger California Agenda bills.
Governor Brown’s staff and even his dog also held up their woman card.
— Nancy McFadden (@NancyEMcFadden) August 26, 2016
— Colusa Lucy Brown (@ColusaBrown) August 26, 2016
Advocates then delivered a petition in support of these bills to Governor Brown, signed by thousands of Californians. Sign here.
- 10 Toni Morrison Quotes That Will Never Stop Inspiring Us
- DeVos Lawsuit Update: Groups Detail “Chilling Effects” of Title IX Rollbacks
- Published Case Will Protect Student Survivors of Sexual Assault
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Kimberly Alvarenga
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game