Susan Fowler’s Uber Post Was The First Shot In A New War Against Silicon Valley Sexism
The Verge covered a new bill – SB 224 (Jackson) – sponsored by Equal Rights Advocates that would prohibit sexual harassment of entrepreneurs by venture capitalists, which was introduced in response to a growing tide of women bravely coming forward with stories of sexual harassment in Silicon Valley.
“No matter how well-intentioned, decency pledges won’t cut it,” says Noreen Farrell, the executive director of Equal Rights Advocates, the nonprofit women’s rights organization that is sponsoring SB 224. Farrell says that up until this point, venture capitalists clearly believed that sexual harassment law didn’t apply to them. The venture capitalist-entrepreneur relationship, after all, isn’t a typical workplace relationship. “In many respects it was viewed as a legal free-for-all,” she said.
- 10 Black Women Making History... read more
- Why I demand Congressional action for DREAMers... read more
- Equal Rights Advocates Sues Betsy DeVos and the Department of Education: Campus Sexual Misconduct and Violence is Gender Discrimination... read more
- Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!... read more
- We’ve Said #MeToo – Now We’re Pushing Legislation... read more
- Maria’s Workplace is #OursToo: Stopping the Epidemic of Sexual Violence Against Female Janitors... read more
- Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On... read more
- This is not the year to stop marching... read more
- Taking the Fight for Equal Pay to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals... read more
- Action Alert: Say NO to Disastrous GOP Tax Bill... read more