Take Action to #StopKavanaugh
Those who oppose civil rights, abortion rights, and access to health care won’t rest during this confirmation battle. We can’t afford to rest either.
One vote will make the difference in successfully blocking Kavanaugh’s ascension to the Supreme Court. Vocal opposition is needed from supporters of civil rights in key states with Senators who are at the heart of the Kavanaugh confirmation tug-of-war:
ALASKA – Senator Murkowski (R) was famously 1 of 3 Republican Senators to vote against gutting the Affordable Care Act. She voted to confirm Justice Gorsuch. Murkowski isn’t up for re-election until 2022.
MAINE – Senator Collins (R) was right there along with Senator Collins in voting against pulling apart ObamaCare. She did, however, also vote to confirm Gorsuch. Collins is up for re-election in 2020.
ALABAMA – Senator Jones (D) wasn’t in office for the Gorsuch vote, and isn’t facing re-election until 2020. However, he’s in a state with a solid conservative base and is likely feeling pressure to confirm Kavanaugh. Jones was invited by the White House to attend the SCOTUS announcement.
INDIANA – Senator Donnelley, along with Heitkamp (North Dakota – D) and Manchin (West Virginia – D), were the only 3 Democratic Senators who voted to confirm Gorsuch. The Trump Administration also invited the trio, along with Senator Jones, to attend the SCOTUS pick announcement at the White House this past Monday night. Donnelley is up for re-election this fall.
NORTH DAKOTA – Senator Heitkamp (D) is part of the trio that is being courted by the White House and voted to confirm Gorsuch. Heitkamp is up for re-election this fall.
WEST VIRGINIA – Senator Manchin (D) is the final member of the Democratic trio that is being courted by the White House and voted to confirm Gorsuch. Manchin is also up for re-election this fall.
Let’s be clear about the consequences of having Judge Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court. His confirmation would pose a direct threat to the issues we all have been fighting for: affordable health care for working moms & families; making it safe for all people to make their own family planning decisions; creating workplaces that enable working women to care for their families without worrying about harassment or discrimination based on race or gender.
Make your resistance known by filling out the form below to send a message to your Senators.
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start
- “You have galvanized our movement to replace you. We are united more than ever before.”
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings
- ERA Submits Letter to Gov. Brown on Behalf of 12 National Orgs: CA Needs to #TakeTheLead on Sexual Harassment Reforms
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment