#TakeTheLead: To the Governor’s Desk
Lawmakers vote Monday. Let’s end sexual harassment in California!
On Aug. 27, California lawmakers will decide whether to pass the boldest package of anti-sexual harassment bills our country has ever seen. Let’s make the decision easy for them.
Equal Rights Advocates is sponsoring this package of bills, known as the #TakeTheLead bills, because it’s time for California to take the lead on ending sexual harassment and pave the way for the rest of the country to do the same.
Sexual harassment isn’t going away on its own. We need stronger laws and common-sense workplace reforms. It is absolutely possible to eradicate sexual harassment in our workplaces. The only thing that’s standing in our way is lawmakers who are on the fence. So let’s tell them how we feel about this issue!
Share Equal Rights Advocates’ #TakeTheLead video today.
Be sure to tag some of these lawmakers, who may need a little extra nudge:
Caballero – @AsmCaballero Cervantes – @AsmCervantes Cooley – @KenCooley Cooper – @AsmJimCooper Frazier – @AsmFrazier Gray – @GrayForAssembly Irwin – @ASM_Irwin O’Donnell – @AsmPatODonnell Quirk Silva – @QuirkSilva65th Rubio – @Blanca_E_Rubio Salas – @rudysalasjr Nguyen – @SenJanetNguyen Chang – @L2ChangCA Bates – @SenatorPatBates Fuller – @JeanFuller
California has successfully led the country on civil rights policies before. Now, we have the opportunity to #TakeTheLead on ending sexual harassment. Let’s make it happen it now, so our daughters and sons can pursue their careers without the threat of sexual harassment at work.
Join the final push to get these anti-sexual harassment bills all the way to Governor Jerry Brown’s desk!
The #TakeTheLead bills will
extend the deadline for filing sexual harassment claims
get rid of the “one free grope” legal standard in California
prohibit forced waivers of rights that employers often use to keep sexual harassment out of the public eye
We can do this! Let’s pass these bills and #TakeTheLead on ending sexual harassment.
- Tell your elected officials to support the EMPOWER Act
- Join the Pro Bono Attorneys Network to End Sexual Violence in Education
- Ending the pushout of women in scientific research
- VIDEO: 5 New Anti-Sexual Harassment Rights for CA Workers
- Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible