#TakeTheLead: To the Governor’s Desk
Lawmakers vote Monday. Let’s end sexual harassment in California!
On Aug. 27, California lawmakers will decide whether to pass the boldest package of anti-sexual harassment bills our country has ever seen. Let’s make the decision easy for them.
Equal Rights Advocates is sponsoring this package of bills, known as the #TakeTheLead bills, because it’s time for California to take the lead on ending sexual harassment and pave the way for the rest of the country to do the same.
Sexual harassment isn’t going away on its own. We need stronger laws and common-sense workplace reforms. It is absolutely possible to eradicate sexual harassment in our workplaces. The only thing that’s standing in our way is lawmakers who are on the fence. So let’s tell them how we feel about this issue!
Share Equal Rights Advocates’ #TakeTheLead video today.
Be sure to tag some of these lawmakers, who may need a little extra nudge:
Caballero – @AsmCaballero Cervantes – @AsmCervantes Cooley – @KenCooley Cooper – @AsmJimCooper Frazier – @AsmFrazier Gray – @GrayForAssembly Irwin – @ASM_Irwin O’Donnell – @AsmPatODonnell Quirk Silva – @QuirkSilva65th Rubio – @Blanca_E_Rubio Salas – @rudysalasjr Nguyen – @SenJanetNguyen Chang – @L2ChangCA Bates – @SenatorPatBates Fuller – @JeanFuller
California has successfully led the country on civil rights policies before. Now, we have the opportunity to #TakeTheLead on ending sexual harassment. Let’s make it happen it now, so our daughters and sons can pursue their careers without the threat of sexual harassment at work.
Join the final push to get these anti-sexual harassment bills all the way to Governor Jerry Brown’s desk!
The #TakeTheLead bills will
extend the deadline for filing sexual harassment claims
get rid of the “one free grope” legal standard in California
prohibit forced waivers of rights that employers often use to keep sexual harassment out of the public eye
We can do this! Let’s pass these bills and #TakeTheLead on ending sexual harassment.
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start
- “You have galvanized our movement to replace you. We are united more than ever before.”
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings
- ERA Submits Letter to Gov. Brown on Behalf of 12 National Orgs: CA Needs to #TakeTheLead on Sexual Harassment Reforms
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment