What Team ERA is Reading This Week
We Are All Implicated in the Post-Weinstein Reckoning (The Cut)
Rebecca Traister writes a thoughtful reflection on how we confront harassers in our lives and workplaces. She is also spot-on when addressing how harassment makes a hostile work environment – it’s not just about the incident, it’s the lingering effects.
“That’s My Justice” (The Ringer)
If you aren’t familiar with Brenda Tracey yet, this is a must-read. Brenda, a sexual assault survivor, is on a mission to end college football’s rape culture.
The Unforgiving Minute (Longreads)
This is a “longread,” but well worth it. “This isn’t about individual monsters. It never was. This is about structural violence, about a culture that decided long ago that women’s agency and dignity were worth sacrificing to protect the reputation of powerful men and the institutions that enabled their entitlement.”
Brave Enough to Be Angry (New York Times)
Another great column from Lindy West on how women are challenging long-held assumptions that they will quietly “weather” sexual violence and harassment. She says we can no longer suppress our anger.
She wanted a job and said California senator invited her home. He fired aides who knew. (Sacramento Bee)
The movement to end sexual harassment and assault in Sacramento continues to gain steam, and California’s political leaders are beginning to see the consequences. ERA is committed to supporting their efforts.
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more
- “Naw” to Kavanaugh: Take action to oppose the SCOTUS pick... read more
- How Devos’s Title IX Harms Trans & GNC Students... read more
- On the Supreme Court’s Decision in Janus v. AFSCME... read more
- Legal and Advocacy Groups Demand DeVos Withdraw False Claims About Sexual Assault Cases... read more
- Joy Kruse Gender Justice Memorial Fund... read more
- Remembering and Honoring Madeline Mixer... read more
- Trump Administration Tries to Dismiss Challenge To DeVos’ Rollback of Protections for Survivors of Sexual Violence. ERA Presses Ahead With Case.... read more
- Don’t Miss Our Gala Luncheon with Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera... read more
- SCOTUS Blow to Workers’ Rights Demands Legislative Fix... read more