What Team ERA is Reading This Week
We Are All Implicated in the Post-Weinstein Reckoning (The Cut)
Rebecca Traister writes a thoughtful reflection on how we confront harassers in our lives and workplaces. She is also spot-on when addressing how harassment makes a hostile work environment – it’s not just about the incident, it’s the lingering effects.
“That’s My Justice” (The Ringer)
If you aren’t familiar with Brenda Tracey yet, this is a must-read. Brenda, a sexual assault survivor, is on a mission to end college football’s rape culture.
The Unforgiving Minute (Longreads)
This is a “longread,” but well worth it. “This isn’t about individual monsters. It never was. This is about structural violence, about a culture that decided long ago that women’s agency and dignity were worth sacrificing to protect the reputation of powerful men and the institutions that enabled their entitlement.”
Brave Enough to Be Angry (New York Times)
Another great column from Lindy West on how women are challenging long-held assumptions that they will quietly “weather” sexual violence and harassment. She says we can no longer suppress our anger.
She wanted a job and said California senator invited her home. He fired aides who knew. (Sacramento Bee)
The movement to end sexual harassment and assault in Sacramento continues to gain steam, and California’s political leaders are beginning to see the consequences. ERA is committed to supporting their efforts.
- 10 Black Women Making History... read more
- Why I demand Congressional action for DREAMers... read more
- Equal Rights Advocates Sues Betsy DeVos and the Department of Education: Campus Sexual Misconduct and Violence is Gender Discrimination... read more
- Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!... read more
- We’ve Said #MeToo – Now We’re Pushing Legislation... read more
- Maria’s Workplace is #OursToo: Stopping the Epidemic of Sexual Violence Against Female Janitors... read more
- Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On... read more
- This is not the year to stop marching... read more
- Taking the Fight for Equal Pay to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals... read more
- Action Alert: Say NO to Disastrous GOP Tax Bill... read more