What Team ERA’s Reading This Week
Betsy DeVos, Our Educational System Helps Produce Harvey Weinsteins and We Need to Change That (The Root)
This article lays out the thesis for ERA’s work: what happens in school sets the stage for what happens in the workplace.
Meet The Advocate Behind the Country’s Largest Latina Equal Pay Movement: Monica Ramirez (Huffington Post)
Executive Director Noreen Farrell joined Mónica and other members of Equal Pay Today for a national summit on Latina Equal Pay Day (Nov. 2).
Our National Narratives Are Still Being Shaped by Lecherous, Powerful Men (The Cut)
A great discussion of what it means for our national discourse and culture when predators are in powerful positions.
Women describe climate of harassment as Mass. State House (Boston Globe)
While activism to end sexual harassment and assault in state capitols begun in our backyard in Sacramento, it is spreading across the country.
Read our statement of solidarity with the California We Said Enough Campaign here: https://www.equalrights.org/stand-solidarity-women-leaders-ca-politics/
Who’s Afraid of Title IX? (Jacobin)
Need a great rebuttal to the attacks on Title IX made by Secretary DeVos and her allies? This is it.
Who’s next? A moment of reckoning for men – and the behavior we can no longer ignore. (The Washington Post)
Here’s a great summary of the powerful men who have been accused of harassment and assault, and their response.
- University of Denver Settles Pay Discrimination Lawsuit with $2.6 Million to Women Law Professors... read more
- Lactation Accommodations: A Right, Not a Privilege... read more
- Don’t Miss Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera at Our Gala Luncheon... read more
- Radical Justice Looks Like Centering the Survivor... read more
- This Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Survivors and Allies Have the Power... read more
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know about Equal Pay Day... read more
- On Eve of Equal Pay Day, Equal Rights Advocates Celebrates Victory for Fair Pay with En Banc Ninth Circuit Decision... read more
- Don’t Miss Our 2018 Annual Gala Luncheon!... read more
- Guest Post: From Hollywood to Academia, Power Structures of Sexual Harassment Remain the Same... read more
- ERA Sues Sacramento School District for Civil Rights Violations after Sexual Assault... read more