What Team ERA’s Reading This Week
Betsy DeVos, Our Educational System Helps Produce Harvey Weinsteins and We Need to Change That (The Root)
This article lays out the thesis for ERA’s work: what happens in school sets the stage for what happens in the workplace.
Meet The Advocate Behind the Country’s Largest Latina Equal Pay Movement: Monica Ramirez (Huffington Post)
Executive Director Noreen Farrell joined Mónica and other members of Equal Pay Today for a national summit on Latina Equal Pay Day (Nov. 2).
Our National Narratives Are Still Being Shaped by Lecherous, Powerful Men (The Cut)
A great discussion of what it means for our national discourse and culture when predators are in powerful positions.
Women describe climate of harassment as Mass. State House (Boston Globe)
While activism to end sexual harassment and assault in state capitols begun in our backyard in Sacramento, it is spreading across the country.
Read our statement of solidarity with the California We Said Enough Campaign here: https://www.equalrights.org/stand-solidarity-women-leaders-ca-politics/
Who’s Afraid of Title IX? (Jacobin)
Need a great rebuttal to the attacks on Title IX made by Secretary DeVos and her allies? This is it.
Who’s next? A moment of reckoning for men – and the behavior we can no longer ignore. (The Washington Post)
Here’s a great summary of the powerful men who have been accused of harassment and assault, and their response.
- 10 Black Women Making History... read more
- Why I demand Congressional action for DREAMers... read more
- Equal Rights Advocates Sues Betsy DeVos and the Department of Education: Campus Sexual Misconduct and Violence is Gender Discrimination... read more
- Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!... read more
- We’ve Said #MeToo – Now We’re Pushing Legislation... read more
- Maria’s Workplace is #OursToo: Stopping the Epidemic of Sexual Violence Against Female Janitors... read more
- Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr. Day, We March On... read more
- This is not the year to stop marching... read more
- Taking the Fight for Equal Pay to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals... read more
- Action Alert: Say NO to Disastrous GOP Tax Bill... read more