What Team ERA’s Reading This Week
Betsy DeVos, Our Educational System Helps Produce Harvey Weinsteins and We Need to Change That (The Root)
This article lays out the thesis for ERA’s work: what happens in school sets the stage for what happens in the workplace.
Meet The Advocate Behind the Country’s Largest Latina Equal Pay Movement: Monica Ramirez (Huffington Post)
Executive Director Noreen Farrell joined Mónica and other members of Equal Pay Today for a national summit on Latina Equal Pay Day (Nov. 2).
Our National Narratives Are Still Being Shaped by Lecherous, Powerful Men (The Cut)
A great discussion of what it means for our national discourse and culture when predators are in powerful positions.
Women describe climate of harassment as Mass. State House (Boston Globe)
While activism to end sexual harassment and assault in state capitols begun in our backyard in Sacramento, it is spreading across the country.
Read our statement of solidarity with the California We Said Enough Campaign here: https://www.equalrights.org/stand-solidarity-women-leaders-ca-politics/
Who’s Afraid of Title IX? (Jacobin)
Need a great rebuttal to the attacks on Title IX made by Secretary DeVos and her allies? This is it.
Who’s next? A moment of reckoning for men – and the behavior we can no longer ignore. (The Washington Post)
Here’s a great summary of the powerful men who have been accused of harassment and assault, and their response.
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- SAVE THE DATE: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start
- “You have galvanized our movement to replace you. We are united more than ever before.”
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings