The Maven: High School Student’s #MeToo Moment Silenced
The Maven sought ERA’s perspective when covering the silencing of a high school survivor of sexual assault as she gave her valedictorian commence speech:
“As a culture and as a society we silence victims of sexual assault all the time,” said Brenda Adams, senior staff attorney for Equal Rights Advocates, a nonprofit legal organization that protects economic and educational access and opportunities for women and girls. “It’s more so exacerbated for students.”
- VIDEO: 5 New Anti-Sexual Harassment Rights for CA Workers
- Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional