Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!
Equal Rights Advocates is hitting the Women’s March again this year! Join our contingents in San Francisco or Oakland – we’ll have t-shirts, buttons, signs, and a banner. Sign up to march with us here and receive updates.
10am to 12pm – Pre-March Meet-up at ERA
Our office is right at the edge of the rally site in Civic Center: 1170 Market Street, Suite 700.
Get your ERA march t-shirt or button. We’ll have drinks and snacks — and sign making materials available so you can tell the world why you’re marching.
12pm to 12:45pm – Join the ERA contingent at the Rally, or remain at ERA for march prep!
We’ll have an ERA group listening in to the rally at the corner of Larkin and Grove. Look for us in ERA shirts and with the ERA banner.
If you prefer to stay inside during the rally, or can’t make it to the Pre-March Meet-Up before 12 noon, don’t worry! Some ERA staff will be staying at the ERA office to greet new guests and enjoy any the company of marchers who are still making posters.
12:45pm to 1pm – Line up w/ ERA at Larkin and Grove
Come meet up with your friendly ERA march contingent between 12:45 and 1pm. We’ll hand out t-shirts and buttons to those who don’t have them already and get ready to march!
2pm to 5 pm – March to Embarcadero!
The march covers 1.7 mi of flat terrain.
9:30am to 9:55am – Pre-March Meet-up w/ ERA
Join us at the Southeast Corner of 10th Street & Fallon Street, 49 10th St., Oakland, CA 94607.
We’ll have ERA March t-shirts, buttons, and pre-made posters for you!
10am to 11am – Rally at Lake Merritt Amphitheater
Listen to amazing speakers and get fired up!
Feel free to find us at the rally if you are not able to make it to the pre-march meet up (look for the ERA banner)!
11am – Lining up for March
All registered contingents have been asked to be at the contingent area at Lake Merritt Blvd and 13th St., facing towards 14th St., near the courthouse, no later than 11:05.
11:15am – ERA contingent starts MARCHING!
We will be starting to march about 15 minutes before the end of the rally to ensure that the march gets moving in a timely and organized fashion. This is approximately at 11:15AM as the rally is set to close at 11:30.
ERA will be marching between Impact Hub Oakland and the Women’s Foundation of California.
11:15am to 1pm – March to Frank Ogawa Plaza (Oakland City Center)
The march covers 0.9 miles of mostly flat terrain. It is uphill for the first few blocks to Oak Street, and there is a slight uphill slope from Oak to Madison.
March map can be found at https://womensmarchoakland.org/about-the-march/
**Plans for non-Marchers in Oakland**
10:30am to 1pm – Call to Action Alley
There will be an ERA table at the Call to Action Alley at Frank Ogawa Plaza.
Come find us and meet your friends there after the march! At our table, we’ll share how community members can get involved in the fight for women’s equality.
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more
- “Naw” to Kavanaugh: Take action to oppose the SCOTUS pick... read more
- How Devos’s Title IX Harms Trans & GNC Students... read more
- On the Supreme Court’s Decision in Janus v. AFSCME... read more
- Legal and Advocacy Groups Demand DeVos Withdraw False Claims About Sexual Assault Cases... read more
- Joy Kruse Gender Justice Memorial Fund... read more
- Remembering and Honoring Madeline Mixer... read more
- Trump Administration Tries to Dismiss Challenge To DeVos’ Rollback of Protections for Survivors of Sexual Violence. ERA Presses Ahead With Case.... read more
- Don’t Miss Our Gala Luncheon with Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera... read more
- SCOTUS Blow to Workers’ Rights Demands Legislative Fix... read more