Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
It’s easy to forget just how much the gender wage gap steals from each of us over the course of our lives. But let’s really let this number sink in: $700,000.
That’s how much the average U.S. woman is robbed of over the course of her career due to the gender wage gap.
For women of color in particular, that theft is even more outrageous: Every year, the average Black woman is robbed the equivalent of 22 months of rent, or 2.5 years of childcare. For Latinx women, it’s more than 2 years of rent, or 3 years of childcare. Every. Single. Year.
Tell your Representatives and Senators: It’s time for equal pay in our country! Ask them to pass the federal Paycheck Fairness Act in 2019. It’s time to remove the obstacles blocking our path to equal pay!
We passed the Equal Pay Act in 1963, and the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act in 2009, but the gender wage gap still persists in every industry, at every level of employment, regardless of education level or experience.
And at the rate we’re currently going, the wage gap won’t close for another 214 years for the lowest paid women in our country, Latinx women. We literally cannot afford to wait that long! You can speed up our progress toward equal pay by acting now.
Tell your elected officials: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- When it comes to fair pay, “don’t just be an ally. Be a co-conspirator.”
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Let’s Close California’s Wage Gap
- Join the Pro Bono Attorneys Network to End Sexual Violence in Education
- Ending the pushout of women in scientific research
- VIDEO: 5 New Anti-Sexual Harassment Rights for CA Workers
- Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.