USA Today: Harvey Weinstein effect: Men are getting outed and some are getting fired as women speak up. And it’s spreading.
Tales of sexual misconduct have barreled into the headlines for decades. What’s different this time? Not the egregious details but perhaps how people are reacting to Weinstein’s behavior, says Noreen Farrell, executive director of Equal Rights Advocates, which fights for women’s rights.
“Because of sheer number and the similarities of stories, we’re actually exploring why it happened and not whether it happened,” Farrell says. “This feels different.”
- What Team ERA is Reading This Week... read more
- In This Lifetime Please: Why We Can’t Wait 216 Years to Close the Latina Pay and Wealth Gap... read more
- What Team ERA’s Reading This Week... read more
- We Stand in Solidarity with Women Leaders in CA Politics... read more
- It’s the System, Stupid: Why Weinstein Isn’t Just About Weinstein... read more
- Stronger California Advocates Network Celebrates Six Legislative Wins... read more
- Win! Governor Brown Signs CA Values Act Into Law... read more
- Action Alert: Tell Gov. Brown to Sign Equal Pay Legislation Today!... read more
- Action Alert: Stop the Attacks on Students... read more
- Join us for Rockin’ for a Reason: A Benefit Concert!... read more