Washington Post: Kavanaugh allegations join debate over campus investigations
The Washington Post (and many other media outlets) published an Associated Press article quoting Executive Director Noreen Farrell. The article discusses Title IX and campus sexual assault investigations in light of the hearings concerning sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
But Noreen Farrell, director of Equal Rights Advocates, said the Kavanaugh hearing demonstrated what happens when the rights of sexual assault victims are ignored.
“It is a particularly dangerous moment to be a young woman trying to be educated and heard,” she said.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- March with ERA on Jan. 19! (Updated)
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- Comment Guide: Speak Out Against Title IX Regulations
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6