Washington Post: Kavanaugh allegations join debate over campus investigations
The Washington Post (and many other media outlets) published an Associated Press article quoting Executive Director Noreen Farrell. The article discusses Title IX and campus sexual assault investigations in light of the hearings concerning sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
But Noreen Farrell, director of Equal Rights Advocates, said the Kavanaugh hearing demonstrated what happens when the rights of sexual assault victims are ignored.
“It is a particularly dangerous moment to be a young woman trying to be educated and heard,” she said.
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start
- “You have galvanized our movement to replace you. We are united more than ever before.”
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings
- ERA Submits Letter to Gov. Brown on Behalf of 12 National Orgs: CA Needs to #TakeTheLead on Sexual Harassment Reforms
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment