Washington Post: Kavanaugh allegations join debate over campus investigations
The Washington Post (and many other media outlets) published an Associated Press article quoting Executive Director Noreen Farrell. The article discusses Title IX and campus sexual assault investigations in light of the hearings concerning sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
But Noreen Farrell, director of Equal Rights Advocates, said the Kavanaugh hearing demonstrated what happens when the rights of sexual assault victims are ignored.
“It is a particularly dangerous moment to be a young woman trying to be educated and heard,” she said.
- From Survivors to Activists: ERA Student Clients Speak Out, Support CA Bill
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018