Washington Post: Kavanaugh allegations join debate over campus investigations
The Washington Post (and many other media outlets) published an Associated Press article quoting Executive Director Noreen Farrell. The article discusses Title IX and campus sexual assault investigations in light of the hearings concerning sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.
But Noreen Farrell, director of Equal Rights Advocates, said the Kavanaugh hearing demonstrated what happens when the rights of sexual assault victims are ignored.
“It is a particularly dangerous moment to be a young woman trying to be educated and heard,” she said.
- Tell your elected officials to support the EMPOWER Act
- Join the Pro Bono Attorneys Network to End Sexual Violence in Education
- Ending the pushout of women in scientific research
- VIDEO: 5 New Anti-Sexual Harassment Rights for CA Workers
- Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible