Welcome to Our New Law Fellow and Law Clerk
Central to ERA’s mission is the mentorship of the next generation of legal advocates. As a part of that goal, we welcome law clerks and law fellows who assist with research and legal projects, and staff our free Advice & Counseling hotline.
This fall, we are excited to welcome Andrea Obando as the newest Equal Justice Works Fellow, and Jenna Minard as a Law Clerk.
Andrea will focus her efforts on her Equal Justice Works project, which seeks to eliminate barriers to economic security for low-wage women of color by enforcing equal pay laws and using legal advocacy and community outreach to expand women’s access to high-wage jobs in the male-dominated construction trades.
Andrea is a 2016 graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law (Boalt Hall). Throughout law school, she volunteered with the Legal Aid Society-Employment Law Center’s Workers’ Rights Clinic and Centro Legal de la Raza’s Workers’ and Tenants’ Rights Clinic. She has also served as a summer law clerk for the California Teachers Association, as an extern in the Legal Aid Society-Employment Law Center’s National Origin program, and received a Peggy Browning Fund Fellowship to work at Murphy Anderson PLLC. Prior to law school, Andrea taught middle school science and reading in inner-city Houston. She received a B.A. in Psychology and Italian from Dartmouth College.
Jenna is a third-year law student at Golden Gate University School of Law. An Oregon Native, she studied Women’s and Gender Studies and English at University of Oregon. Prior to law school, Jenna was a peer group leader for an LGBTQIA mental health non-profit and an ACLU student intern. She was the President of the GGU Law Students for Reproductive Justice Chapter, and is a member of the Public Interest Law Foundation and Honors Lawyering Program.
Jenna previously interned with the AIDS Legal Referral Panel, National Center for Lesbian Rights, Women’s Employment Rights Clinic, and the San Francisco law firm, Duckworth Peters Lebowitz Olivier LLP. She is excited to be an ERA intern for fall 2016 and spring 2017, because she is passionate about employment and education equality and is looking forward to learning about effective policy advocacy and impact litigation.
Please join us in welcoming Andrea and Jenna!
- This Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Survivors and Allies Have the Power... read more
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know about Equal Pay Day... read more
- Don’t Miss Our 2018 Annual Gala Luncheon!... read more
- Guest Post: From Hollywood to Academia, Power Structures of Sexual Harassment Remain the Same... read more
- #TakeTheLead to Combat Sexual Harassment... read more
- 10 Black Women Making History... read more
- Why I demand Congressional action for DREAMers... read more
- Equal Rights Advocates Sues Betsy DeVos and the Department of Education: Campus Sexual Misconduct and Violence is Gender Discrimination... read more
- Tomorrow – March with ERA at the 2018 Women’s March!... read more
- We’ve Said #MeToo – Now We’re Pushing Legislation... read more