Women’s March Bay Area Organizers – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree
Equal Rights Advocates proudly recognizes the Bay Area Women’s March Organizers as 2017 Gender Justice Honorees. This award is given each year to civil rights champions who have contributed to the movement for gender equality.
The day after the election, 10 women woke up and decided they had to do something. The co-leads of the Bay Area Women’s March served an integral role in creating a national day of action to unify and empower everyone who stands for equality and justice. Together, they led an all-volunteer organization that brought together over 200,000 in San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose on January 21, 2017.
“We honor the incredible contributions of the Women’s March Bay Area co-leads in organizing a historic, powerful display of unity and strength,” said Equal Rights Advocates executive director Noreen Farrell.
Bay Area Women’s March leaders include the following inspirational women:
“We are deeply honored to be recognized by ERA and privileged to have worked with so many amazing women to make the Women’s March to reality. Our purpose to unify, support and empower everyone who stands for justice, inclusion and human rights was an overwhelming success. With 5,000,000 people strong, we gathered worldwide on Jan. 21, recognizing that defending the most marginalized among us, defends all of us.”
This award will be given on June 14th, 2017 at ERA’s annual gala luncheon.
- Raise Your Voice to Push Stronger California Legislation Over the Finish Line... read more
- Action Alert: We Won’t Back Down on Pay Transparency... read more
- Secretary DeVos Attacks Progress Made to End Campus Sexual Assault... read more
- ERA Disgusted by Termination of DACA... read more
- The Administration Just Made it Harder to Close the Wage Gap... read more
- Legal Director Jennifer Reisch Named Top Labor and Employment Lawyer... read more
- Enough is Enough: Confronting Sexual Harassment and Violence in the Janitorial Industry... read more
- Equal Means Equal – We Need the Equal Rights Amendment Now... read more
- ERA Sponsors Bill to Prohibit Sexual Harassment in Venture Capital... read more
- There is No Place for Violent White Supremacy in a Democracy... read more