Women’s March Bay Area Organizers – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree
Equal Rights Advocates proudly recognizes the Bay Area Women’s March Organizers as 2017 Gender Justice Honorees. This award is given each year to civil rights champions who have contributed to the movement for gender equality.
The day after the election, 10 women woke up and decided they had to do something. The co-leads of the Bay Area Women’s March served an integral role in creating a national day of action to unify and empower everyone who stands for equality and justice. Together, they led an all-volunteer organization that brought together over 200,000 in San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose on January 21, 2017.
“We honor the incredible contributions of the Women’s March Bay Area co-leads in organizing a historic, powerful display of unity and strength,” said Equal Rights Advocates executive director Noreen Farrell.
Bay Area Women’s March leaders include the following inspirational women:
“We are deeply honored to be recognized by ERA and privileged to have worked with so many amazing women to make the Women’s March to reality. Our purpose to unify, support and empower everyone who stands for justice, inclusion and human rights was an overwhelming success. With 5,000,000 people strong, we gathered worldwide on Jan. 21, recognizing that defending the most marginalized among us, defends all of us.”
This award will be given on June 14th, 2017 at ERA’s annual gala luncheon.
- University of Denver Settles Pay Discrimination Lawsuit with $2.6 Million to Women Law Professors... read more
- Lactation Accommodations: A Right, Not a Privilege... read more
- Don’t Miss Mónica Ramírez and Irma Herrera at Our Gala Luncheon... read more
- Radical Justice Looks Like Centering the Survivor... read more
- This Sexual Assault Awareness Month: Survivors and Allies Have the Power... read more
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know about Equal Pay Day... read more
- On Eve of Equal Pay Day, Equal Rights Advocates Celebrates Victory for Fair Pay with En Banc Ninth Circuit Decision... read more
- Don’t Miss Our 2018 Annual Gala Luncheon!... read more
- Guest Post: From Hollywood to Academia, Power Structures of Sexual Harassment Remain the Same... read more
- ERA Sues Sacramento School District for Civil Rights Violations after Sexual Assault... read more