Women’s March Bay Area Organizers – 2017 Gender Justice Honoree
Equal Rights Advocates proudly recognizes the Bay Area Women’s March Organizers as 2017 Gender Justice Honorees. This award is given each year to civil rights champions who have contributed to the movement for gender equality.
The day after the election, 10 women woke up and decided they had to do something. The co-leads of the Bay Area Women’s March served an integral role in creating a national day of action to unify and empower everyone who stands for equality and justice. Together, they led an all-volunteer organization that brought together over 200,000 in San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose on January 21, 2017.
“We honor the incredible contributions of the Women’s March Bay Area co-leads in organizing a historic, powerful display of unity and strength,” said Equal Rights Advocates executive director Noreen Farrell.
Bay Area Women’s March leaders include the following inspirational women:
“We are deeply honored to be recognized by ERA and privileged to have worked with so many amazing women to make the Women’s March to reality. Our purpose to unify, support and empower everyone who stands for justice, inclusion and human rights was an overwhelming success. With 5,000,000 people strong, we gathered worldwide on Jan. 21, recognizing that defending the most marginalized among us, defends all of us.”
This award will be given on June 14th, 2017 at ERA’s annual gala luncheon.
- Join Our Action Team and Fight For California’s #MeToo Bills... read more
- We Believe You, Christine: Response to Allegations against Kavanaugh... read more
- ERA Supports McDonald’s Workers in Nationwide Strike Protesting Sexual Harassment... read more
- Take Action to #StopKavanaugh... read more
- In a Nail Biter Finish, #MeToo Bill SB 1300 Heads to Governor... read more
- Statement: Response to Leaked Draft of DeVos’s New Proposed Title IX Rules... read more
- #TakeTheLead: To the Governor’s Desk... read more
- Our Impact: Salary History Loophole Closed!... read more
- Federal Court Hearing: Equal Rights Advocates’ Case Goes Before Judge to Oppose Trump Administration’s Unconstitutional Title IX Policy... read more
- “Naw” to Kavanaugh: Take action to oppose the SCOTUS pick... read more