Youth Radio: Equal Rights Advocates Blasts Senate Judiciary Committee on Ford/Kavanaugh Hearing
Youth Radio (a national network of young journalists and artists based in Oakland, CA) published a Q&A-style interview with Staff Attorney Maha Ibrahim regarding today’s confirmation hearing of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in light of the multiple accusations of sexual assault and misconduct against him — and the impact such a confirmation would have on students and young people across the country.
A lifetime appointment means that girls today will be senior citizens before newly confirmed Supreme Court seats are again vacated for a new appointment — we have to really think about that… What does it mean for all of America if that seat is filled by a person accused of sexual assault yet never properly investigated?
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6
- Survivors Who Want to Come Forward: Where to Start
- “You have galvanized our movement to replace you. We are united more than ever before.”
- Gov. Brown Signs ERA’s #MeToo Bills, Strongest Sexual Harassment Legislation in the Nation
- ERA Calls for Halt of Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearings
- ERA Submits Letter to Gov. Brown on Behalf of 12 National Orgs: CA Needs to #TakeTheLead on Sexual Harassment Reforms
- Urge CA Gov. Brown to Sign the #TakeTheLead Bills & Combat Sexual Harassment