Youth Radio: Equal Rights Advocates Blasts Senate Judiciary Committee on Ford/Kavanaugh Hearing
Youth Radio (a national network of young journalists and artists based in Oakland, CA) published a Q&A-style interview with Staff Attorney Maha Ibrahim regarding today’s confirmation hearing of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in light of the multiple accusations of sexual assault and misconduct against him — and the impact such a confirmation would have on students and young people across the country.
A lifetime appointment means that girls today will be senior citizens before newly confirmed Supreme Court seats are again vacated for a new appointment — we have to really think about that… What does it mean for all of America if that seat is filled by a person accused of sexual assault yet never properly investigated?
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- March with ERA on Jan. 19! (Updated)
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- Comment Guide: Speak Out Against Title IX Regulations
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible
- Our Bodies on the Line: Latina Equal Pay and #MeToo
- Next week, we vote for women’s equality in the workplace
- BREAKING: Amended Federal Lawsuit Against DeVos Shows Title IX Policy Was Based on Sexist Stereotypes, Is Unconstitutional
- 5 Simple Steps to Ensure Justice & Equity Prevail on Nov. 6