Youth Radio: Equal Rights Advocates Blasts Senate Judiciary Committee on Ford/Kavanaugh Hearing
Youth Radio (a national network of young journalists and artists based in Oakland, CA) published a Q&A-style interview with Staff Attorney Maha Ibrahim regarding today’s confirmation hearing of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in light of the multiple accusations of sexual assault and misconduct against him — and the impact such a confirmation would have on students and young people across the country.
A lifetime appointment means that girls today will be senior citizens before newly confirmed Supreme Court seats are again vacated for a new appointment — we have to really think about that… What does it mean for all of America if that seat is filled by a person accused of sexual assault yet never properly investigated?
- Tell your elected officials to support the EMPOWER Act
- Join the Pro Bono Attorneys Network to End Sexual Violence in Education
- Ending the pushout of women in scientific research
- VIDEO: 5 New Anti-Sexual Harassment Rights for CA Workers
- Urge your legislators: Support the Paycheck Fairness Act!
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018
- ERA Rejects Trump Admin’s Proposed Sexual Assault Rules that Promote Rape Culture on Campus
- Giving Tuesday: On Nov. 27, #EqualityIsPawssible