Youth Radio: Equal Rights Advocates Blasts Senate Judiciary Committee on Ford/Kavanaugh Hearing
Youth Radio (a national network of young journalists and artists based in Oakland, CA) published a Q&A-style interview with Staff Attorney Maha Ibrahim regarding today’s confirmation hearing of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in light of the multiple accusations of sexual assault and misconduct against him — and the impact such a confirmation would have on students and young people across the country.
A lifetime appointment means that girls today will be senior citizens before newly confirmed Supreme Court seats are again vacated for a new appointment — we have to really think about that… What does it mean for all of America if that seat is filled by a person accused of sexual assault yet never properly investigated?
- From Survivors to Activists: ERA Student Clients Speak Out, Support CA Bill
- Perspective: Enough with the Pay-Gap Victim Blaming
- Landmark Sex Discrimination Settlement for ERA Gold Miner Client
- Ask an Advocate: Q&A with Mary Ignatius
- Stronger CA Advocates Network Releases 2019 Agenda
- #BeHEARD Act: The sexual harassment superbill we’ve been waiting for
- Racing the Clock: How extending the deadline for sexual harassment claims changes the game
- Dear Betsy: We have a LOT to say.
- Protect Civil Rights. Stop William Barr.
- ERA’s Top 10 Gender Justice Moments of 2018