Why Would I Mispronounce My Own Name?



Join the ERA community on Monday November 29, 4.30 pm PT for a Giving Tuesday Watch Party of our previous Executive Director Irma Herrera’s play Why Would I Mispronounce My Own Name? as part of the National Latina/o/x Theater Festival.

The Watch Party will be followed by an intimate chat with Irma and Noreen – two ERA Executive Directors, past and present! Irma’s stories and political commentary help us connect current event dots — Muslim ban, rise in Asian hate crimes, laws targeting trans youth —  with humor and warmth. How to watch:

  1. Watch party (starting at 4:30 pm) featuring Why Would I Mispronounce My Own Name? which will be followed by a post-show conversation (starting at 5:30 pm) between Noreen Farrell and Irma Herrera. You can get the streaming link by registering directly with the Festival: http://bit.ly/Irma_Festival
  2. Post-Show Chat (opening at 5.30 pm PT) between Noreen Farrell and Irma Herrera. Register for our post-show chat here.

Stay Connected & Take Action

Legal Advice & Resources / Consejos y Recursos legales

Know Your Rights

Learn what your rights are so you can navigate your situation and make the best decision for you.

Your Rights at Work
Your Rights at School

Contact Us

We may be able to provide free legal help for the following issues at California schools: gender and LGBTQI+ discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual assault.

Apply for Legal Help

Learn More

We have trained legal advocates and lawyers on staff to guide you through your legal issue.

Conozca Sus Derechos

Aprende sus derechos para que puedas navegar su situación y tomar la mejor decisión para ti.

Sus Derechos en el Trabajo


Posible que podamos proveer ayuda legal por gratis por los siguientes problemas en el trabajo o la escuela: discriminación basado en el género o por LGBTQI+, acoso sexual, asalto sexual, y discriminación basado en el embarazo o por ser padre/madre.


Nuestro servicio de asesoramiento por teléfono está cerrado por ahora

En este momento, no estamos recibiendo solicitudes dejadas por un recado de teléfono. Sin embargo, usted puede someter una solicitud para una consulta por la manera de hacer clic en el links "Empleo" o "Educación."