How We Fight for A Stronger California
Since 2015, the Stronger California Advocates Network has worked with the Legislative Women’s Caucus and lawmakers on both sides of the aisle to pass bills advancing economic and civil rights for women and families across the state. With bills that are being replicated across the country, including the nation’s strongest laws combating sexual harassment and pay discrimination, the Stronger California Women’s Agenda is setting the pace for the nation.
Our Focus Areas
We initiate and advocate for laws that will help women and others throughout California:
- Meet basic needs and build assets
- Achieve equal pay and better working conditions, including robust protections against sexual harassment and discrimination
- Access equal job opportunities and family-friendly workplaces
- Obtain quality, affordable child care
- Policy reform, through drafting and co-sponsoring legislation, and advocating for passage of our bills
- Community mobilization with a focus on prioritizing the needs of low-paid workers, women, and families of color
- Partnering with the Legislative Women’s Caucus to prioritize and pass key bills in each legislative session
- Tackling barriers to economic security the same way they appear in our lives: simultaneously
- Public mobilization, organizing, and strategic communications, including supporting and providing resources to advocates in other states
Who We Are
More than 60 organizations make up the Stronger California Steering Committee, Roundtable, and Supporters Network.