Free Legal Support for Student Survivors
ENOUGH can help you figure out what’s next. It’s completely free and confidential. ENOUGH provides student survivors of sexual assault and sexual harassment with free legal information, advice, and services. We’ll connect you with an ENOUGH advocate, a volunteer lawyer who wants to help you feel safe at school and can help you figure out your options.
For information about how Coronavirus (COVID-19) may affect your Title IX case, click here.
- Are you an attorney who is interested in becoming an ENOUGH Advocate? Learn more.
ENOUGH advocates can:
- Listen to your story
- Provide legal information and lay out what your options are (which include doing nothing, if that’s what you want)
- Review and explain your school’s Title IX policies and procedures
- Help you correspond with your school’s Title IX office
- Help you throughout your school’s investigation and/or hearing process
- File a Title IX complaint on your behalf with the U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights
- Help you obtain a civil restraining order
What to expect when working with ENOUGH
Please read before completing the online form
- You’ll fill out the ENOUGH online application form. We’ll review the information and if you’re eligible, we’ll invite you to a phone appointment with an ENOUGH Advocate.
- A volunteer ENOUGH advocate will talk with you and listen to your story. They’ll ask questions to learn more about what’s going on.
- After your call, your ENOUGH advocate will review the details of your situation and work with Equal Rights Advocates to determine your options and present some suggested paths forward. Your advocate will then share those paths with you, and ask you what you want to do next.
- Once you tell us how you want to move forward, an ENOUGH advocate will provide free legal services to help with the next steps. You may work with the same or a different person than who you had your phone appointment with, depending on what your case needs.
Equal Rights Advocates is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, so all services are completely free and confidential.
ENOUGH Advocates: Volunteer attorneys who have your back
Our ENOUGH Advocates form a corps of volunteer attorneys who are waiting to talk to you, hear your story, and help you figure out your legal options.