East Bay Times/Mercury News: She fights for gender equity & workers’ rights, from mushroom farms to the courtroom

March 23. 2019
ERA Staff

The East Bay Times and The Mercury News (San Jose) published a Q&A feature with ERA Senior Counsel for Workplace Justice & Public Policy Jessica Stender.

What I love about ERA is that we have a multi-pronged strategy for achieving justice. We do representation in litigation for people who have experienced discrimination at work or students at school. We do high-impact litigation that will not only benefit workers or students but a broader class of workers if it’s a class case or the broader community. We push for not just compensation but broader systemic reforms. I oversee litigation but also do legislative advocacy. We use what we see and hear on the ground from representing workers in cases and from people who contact us through our national helpline … to inform policy advocacy that we pursue.

Read the full Q&A.

Stay Connected & Take Action

Legal Advice & Resources / Consejos y Recursos legales

Know Your Rights

Learn what your rights are so you can navigate your situation and make the best decision for you.

Your Rights at Work
Your Rights at School

Contact Us

We may be able to provide free legal help for the following issues at California schools: gender and LGBTQI+ discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual assault.

Apply for Legal Help

Learn More

We have trained legal advocates and lawyers on staff to guide you through your legal issue.

Conozca Sus Derechos

Aprende sus derechos para que puedas navegar su situación y tomar la mejor decisión para ti.

Sus Derechos en el Trabajo


Posible que podamos proveer ayuda legal por gratis por los siguientes problemas en el trabajo o la escuela: discriminación basado en el género o por LGBTQI+, acoso sexual, asalto sexual, y discriminación basado en el embarazo o por ser padre/madre.


Nuestro servicio de asesoramiento por teléfono está cerrado por ahora

En este momento, no estamos recibiendo solicitudes dejadas por un recado de teléfono. Sin embargo, usted puede someter una solicitud para una consulta por la manera de hacer clic en el links "Empleo" o "Educación."