Women’s Equality Day: 3 actions to take
Women’s Equality Day is August 26, 2022.
This year, Women’s Equality Day is a little different. For the first time in 50 years, we no longer have the legal protection of Roe.
At the same time, we’re defending decades of progress on other fronts — LGBTQI+ rights, ending sexual violence, pay equality. If we let our guard down, these rights will be vulnerable to attack, too.
What can you do? Here are 3 quick, easy actions to choose from to support Women’s Equality Day 2022:
- Email lawmakers with a few clicks. If you live in CA, please take a minute to send pre-drafted emails to lawmakers supporting 2022 bills for reproductive justice, pay equity, chosen family workplace leave, and increased protections for domestic violence survivors. See all of our Stronger CA actions here.
- Do you know what Black & Latina women need right now? Read up. We spoke to 600+ women of color across the country — mostly Black and Latina moms — about the economic reality for their families after 2 years of pandemic uncertainty. Check out the results of our survey and hear directly from the women in our new report.
- Join The Uproar to honor an influential woman in your life. As a member of our monthly sustainer program, you’ll join a group of dedicated supporters by making a lasting commitment to fight for gender justice. Sign up once to automatically send us a monthly donation. It doesn’t matter how small or big, every dollar counts. Who will you honor today?
Spread the word! Encourage your friends to join you in taking action this Women’s Equality Day by posting one of the above links on social media.
Thank you for keeping our movement strong,
Stay Connected & Take Action
- Get the Latest News & Information Sign up for Email Updates
- Sign Up for Action Alerts Join the Action Team
- Follow Us