You should get to know her because:
- Jess strives to use her knowledge of journalism, political grassroots organizing, and trauma-informed public storysharing to dismantle systemic oppression and challenge widely accepted stereotypes based on gender, race, class, sexuality, and ability.
- She manages ERA’s media relations and digital external communications.
- Prior to joining ERA in April 2018, Jess was the Development Director at Family Violence Appellate Project, a domestic violence legal nonprofit. Before that, she worked as a grassroots organizer for Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates and on a variety of political campaigns.
- Jess founded and served as editor-in-chief of House of Flout, an online magazine focused on feminist pop culture commentary and LGBTQIA equality. Her writing has also appeared in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Feminspire.com.
- Jess has a Master of Arts degree in English with a concentration in Feminist Theory from Duquesne University.
- She has a BA in Journalism from Duquesne University.
- She is a 2019 alumna of the Women in Leadership Coro Fellowship.
Outside of work:
- Jess loves her local yoga community in Oakland.
- She also likes to hike and fall down Wikipedia rabbit holes.