You should get to know her because:
- Jess is a passionate social justice advocate who strives to use her knowledge of journalism, political grassroots organizing, and nonprofit development to break down gender stereotypes and make the world a better place for women, girls, and nonbinary people.
- She manages ERA’s media relations and digital external communications.
- Prior to joining ERA in April 2018, Jess was the Development Director at Family Violence Appellate Project, a California nonprofit that helps domestic violence survivors. Before that, she also worked as a grassroots organizer for for Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates and Organizing for America, President Obama’s 2012 reelection campaign.
- Jess founded and served as editor-in-chief of House of Flout, an online magazine focused on feminist pop culture commentary and LGBTQIA equality. Her writing has also appeared in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and Feminspire.com.
- Jess has her Master’s degree in English with a concentration in Feminist Theory from Duquesne University.
- She has a BA in Journalism from Duquesne University
Outside of work:
- Jess is a 2019 Women in Leadership Coro Fellow
- She loves her local yoga community in Oakland