Managing Attorney for Advice & Counseling
Area of expertise: Trauma-informed legal services, attorney-client relationship building, child welfare, and advocacy
You should get to know her because:
- Katie’s role at ERA is Managing Attorney for Advice & Counseling (A&C). This is the first time that ERA will have a permanent attorney specifically responsible for overseeing the A&C program, which has provided free legal information and assistance on gender discrimination-related issues to students and workers across the country for over 30 years.
- Katie has nearly six years of experience providing direct legal services to low-income children and families. She has dedicated her career to representing marginalized communities with an emphasis on criminal justice reform and dependency litigation. She is thrilled to join the ERA team in the fight against gender discrimination and injustice.
- Before her legal career Katie was, at various times, a ski instructor, a children’s book author, and an assistant curator for photography at her college’s art museum.
- BA from Yale, class of 2010, majored in History of Art
- JD from NYU, class of 2014
Outside of work:
- Katie is enjoying exploring her new home in Oakland after moving from New York City in August 2019. She enjoys reading, rock climbing, traveling, and watching objectively bad reality TV.