Area of expertise: Grassroots movements, policy analysis, reproductive justice, trauma-informed advocacy, relational organizing, event management
You should get to know her because:
- As Policy Fellow, Monika supports ERA’s advocacy efforts seeking to advance equitable policy. She believes in the interdependency between coalition-building, relational organizing and effective policy to achieve sustainable change.
- As a college student, Monika volunteered at the House of Ruth, a domestic violence shelter, and became a certified Advocate through a California state-mandated training.
- Before coming to ERA, Monika worked as a Campaign Organizer for Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and Hawaiian Islands, based out of Twin Falls, Idaho, and Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains, based out of Denver, Colorado.
- Monika organized and executed the first ever Twin Falls Women’s March in 2018, where she learned how to adapt messaging tactics and discovered her ability for public speaking in large crowds.
- Monika has a BA in History with a concentration in Women in Civil Rights Movements from the University of Puget Sound, where she found her love of organizing on-campus.
Outside of Work:
- Monika is an avid soccer fan and plays recreationally when possible. She also adds yoga to her running-centric routine. Besides staying active, Monika enjoys black coffee and historical fiction novels.