You should get to know her because:
- Shannon leads the Equal Pay Today campaign, a campaign committed to fighting for equal pay and addressing the long-standing gender wage gap while working to combat its key contributors, including pay secrecy, occupational segregation, and lack of pay transparency, while engaging groups across women’s legal and advocacy sectors.
- She is also helping manage the Women’s Agenda Initiative, an ERA project designed to build power and mobilize at the state and local level to influence the political process and advance gender justice policy reform.
- Before coming to ERA, Shannon managed a large portfolio of Fortune 500 organizations in identifying client policy issues and developing and executing complex advocacy campaigns and strategic communications through inception to completion for DDC Public Affairs as an Associate Vice President.
- Shannon’s prior experience also includes serving as the Policy Director at the Urban League of Philadelphia and as the ED of the Black Church Center for Justice and Equality.
- Received her B.A. from The University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and her J.D. from The Appalachian School of Law.
Outside of work:
- A native of Pennsylvania, Shannon also sits on the board of Pennsylvania Voice.
- Target is her happy place.