You should get to know her because:
- Sophia is excited to help the ERA development team build power for intersectional gender justice.
- Before joining ERA, Sophia served as the development manager at the Feminist Press, a nonprofit book publisher dedicated to changing the world through revolutionary feminist literature. A book nerd at heart, she has also spent time as a scholar and teacher, applying critical analysis to speculative fiction about animals, cyborgs, monsters, and other nonhuman beings.
- Her writing on topics ranging from multispecies community to dark fairy tales to queer utopias can be found in Public Books, Feral Feminisms, Humanimalia, and more.
- University of California, Santa Cruz, where she received a PhD in Literature in 2016.
- Pomona College, where she received a BA in Media Studies in 2006.
Outside of work:
- A retired (for now) roller derby player, Sophia enjoys biking, hilly SF walks, and ballet and modern dance classes. In her free time, you can usually find her at home reading novels, baking vegan treats, and chilling with her cat.