Teo Octavia Saragi
Policy Communications Coordinator
Area of expertise: Creative storytelling; Grassroots organizing; Digital activism; Strategic communications; Policy advocacy
You should get to know them because:
- Teo is rooted in personal hxstory and social movement legacies, grounded in the power of grassroots organizing, coalition-building, and building cultural power through art and visual communications.
- Teo has experience with uplifting the voices of queer and trans people of color, communities impacted by systems of incarceration and deportation, low-income & working-class communities, and youth of color fighting to build liberatory futures grounded in healing.
- In their capacity as Policy Communications Coordinator, Teo continues uplifting marginalized voices—helping amplify political and media strategies through three key initiatives: the Equal Pay Today! Campaign, Stronger CA, and the Women’s Agenda Initiative.
- Prior to joining ERA, Teo was a youth organizer in Oakland Chinatown, facilitating filmmaking and storytelling workshops for Southeast Asian and LGBTQIA+ Asian American youth exploring trauma, resilience, and healing.
- Teo has their BA in Public Policy Analysis – Sociology and Asian American Studies from Pomona College, where they served as a student leader among low-income, first-generation, and student of color groups.
Outside of work:
- Teo is a community-based filmmaker and artist.