Left Behind and Left Out: A Frank Conversation on Race, Gender, & Big Law
On September 17, five senior women at the top of the legal profession engage in a frank and necessary discussion of how gender, race, money and power play out for women of color in corporate law, and focus on prospects for systemic change in a #blacklivesmatter era.
Join Noreen Farrell (Executive Director, ERA) and Drucilla Stender Ramey (Board Chair, ERA), as they moderate a conversation among leading women lawyers providing an inside view and personal reflections on findings of the recent ABA Report on substantial and persistent barriers to long-term success of women lawyers of color in Big Law.
Special guests include:
- Paulette Brown: Past President, American Bar Association; Senior Partner, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Locke Lord LLP; co-author, “Left Behind and Left Out”
- Miriam Kim: Partner, head of Partnership Compensation Committee, Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP; Past-President, Asian American Bar Association; Co-Chair, N.D. Cal. Ninth Circuit Lawyer Representatives
- Eileen Letts: Partner, Zuber Lawler, Co-Chair; ABA Commission on Diversity and Inclusion 360; former President, Lawyers Trust Fund of Illinois; co-author, “Left Behind and Left Out”
- Laura J. Maechtlen: Partner, Executive Committee; National Chair, Labor and Employment Dept.; Co-Chair, Ntl Diversity & Inclusion Action Team, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Rosanna Marrero Neagle: Of Counsel, Coblentz Patch Duffy & Bass LLP; former V.P Legal Affairs & General Counsel, Nestlé Dreyer’s/Nespresso USA; former North America Regional General Counsel, Levi-Strauss
Date: September 17, 2020
Time: Noon – 1:15 pm Pacific, with Q&A to follow to 1:30
Stay Connected & Take Action
- Get the Latest News & Information Sign up for Email Updates
- Sign Up for Action Alerts Join the Action Team
- Follow Us