From Awareness to Action: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Action
DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership
ERA Deputy Director Delia Coleman will lead a workshop for DeKalb County Nonprofit Partnership on Diversity, Equity, and Action.
Summary: New occurrences of racial inequity happen every day. We hear about these on the news, in our social media feeds, and on the radio. How do we respond? More to the point, what should we be doing on a daily basis as nonprofit professionals when it comes to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)?
This DCNP webinar develops a definitional understanding of DEI and social justice terminology, explores the importance of DEI in the nonprofit context, discusses the importance of inclusion for all (e.g., clients, staff, volunteers, board), and touches on the importance of inclusive policies and procedures.
- Deepen collective understanding of DEI terminology.
- Discuss racial equity and its implications for attendees’ roles and responsibilities.
- Develop a framework for incorporating a racial equity lens and inclusive practices into nonprofit operations via a menu of DEI indicators.
- Outline the importance of creating inclusive policies that contribute to a more equitable organizational environment.
Delia Coleman, Deputy Director of Equal Rights Advocates (San Francisco)
Stay Connected & Take Action
- Get the Latest News & Information Sign up for Email Updates
- Sign Up for Action Alerts Join the Action Team
- Follow Us