Facebook Live: Facebook.com/EqualRightsAdvocates
Join TIME’S UP and Equal Rights Advocates for a conversation about the fight for safety, fairness, and dignity for the LGBTQI+ workers. No registration required: The conversation will be broadcast live for free on the Facebook pages of Equal Rights Advocates, TIME’S UP,and MomsRising.
The LGBTQ community is being disproportionately impacted by the health and economic impacts of the COVID-19 crisis, in addition to long-standing systemic oppression and traumas tied to discrimination and racism. This conversation will bring together leaders focused on LGBTQI+ rights and racial justice to highlight the need to dismantle oppressive structures and fight for policies that enable LGBTQI workers to live safely in their communities and thrive in their workplaces.
- Moderated by Peppermint: Peppermint is an American actress, singer, TV personality, drag queen, and activist from NYC. She was the runner-up on the 9th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race, and is Broadway’s first out trans woman to play a lead role.
- Preston Mitchum, Director of Policy at URGE: Unite for Reproductive & Gender Equity
- Preston is a Black queer civil rights advocate, writer, and public speaker. As the Director of Policy of Unite for Reproductive & Gender Equity, Preston shapes state/federal strategies and policies.
- Meghan Maury, Policy Director, National LGBTQ Task Force
- Meghan serves as the Policy Director for the National LGBTQ Task Force, where their work is heavily focused on economic justice, criminal justice, and data collection. They have advocated to end the criminalization of homelessness, poverty, drug use, and HIV.
- Sharita Gruberg, Director of Policy for the LGBTQ Research and Communications Project, Center for American Progress
- Sharita Gruberg serves as the Director of Policy for the LGBTQ Research and Communications Project at American Progress. Her background includes immigration advocacy, law, and policy.