Stronger CA Update: Bills Pass Committee & Floor Votes
June 19. 2020
- AB 3216 (Kalra & Gonzalez) passed out of the Assembly and is now headed to the Senate!
This bill provides emergency paid sick leave and family leave protections to the 12 million California workers left out of the federal Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA), who are predominantly low-wage, essential, frontline workers. It also provides a right of recall and retention for workers in the most heavily COVID 19-impacted industries.
These bills passed out of Senate Appropriations and are now headed to the full Senate vote:
- SB 1257 (Durazo) – ensures domestic workers are covered by California worker health and safety laws
- SB 973 (Jackson) – pay data collection to end pay discrimination based on race and gender
- SB 1399 (Durazo) – fights rampant wage theft of garment workers
- SB 1383 (Jackson) – expands the right of parents to take job-protected leave from work to care for a child whose school or daycare is closed
Thanks to everyone who took action to ensure these bills passed their first floor votes. Please continue contacting lawmakers about these bills to help California workers and families! Stay updated on the last available actions by joining our Action Team email list.
Stay Connected & Take Action
- Get the Latest News & Information Sign up for Email Updates
- Sign Up for Action Alerts Join the Action Team
- Follow Us